๐Ÿ—ฃ️ Having Healthy Arguments!

I was talking with an acquaintance on nice hairstyles to make during the summer and it led to an argument which I'm open to, we barely argued for 3 minutes and soon she went on and on and on about how I wasn't using my senses and I was dumb just 'cause I wasn't agreeing with her. For a moment, I was confused and then it hit me that she was starting to take things personal. It pisses me everytime I have an argument with someone and it results to fight. Yeah, Arguments are necessary! They are ways in which one can come to an agreement on a subject matter to support a reason. It's problem solving and should incase reach for a compromise and not a "fight".
    It is important to note that you can't impose your opinion on people, the moment you start doing that, you portray "Toxicity" but as a matter of fact, you can try to convince whoever you're having the argument with using facts backing your point as regards the subject of discussion.       I'm not  one to argue when I know little or nothing about the subject in question and so I'd rather listen to gain knowledge and then read thereafter for further understanding. Thing is I'd argue to the last when I'm so sure of the information I'm presenting and so should the other party. Now, when the other as starts to portray Toxicity either by using offensive words or trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, that's where the problem is. That's not having a healthy argument. Doing that just reeks of insensitivity and insecurity in my opinion.
     I always like when people can have helalthy argument. We can't all have the same views as humans. However, the manner at which can present our argument matters a lot. I have a friend, she goes by the name 'Deola'. We argue a whole lot on issues varying from one topic to the other, and in the end, we either reach a compromise or stick to our beliefs. We try to learn from each other, there's never been a time we'd have to quarrel or belittle each other in the name of arguing. We believe in having healthy arguments. 
     Argue all you want! It's so allowed. But be gentle with it. Don't try to belittle anyone in the name of arguing. Be careful with your choice of words, don't make use of triggering statement. Try to solve problems and reach a compromise in the end. Most importantly, don't make a fight out of an argument, you either agree or disagree. It's important to note that not everyone would always agree with you. If I can have healthy arguments, you too can ❤️
•PS: Hey, I extend my gratitude to everyone, I must confess that the reaction I got from yall on my first blog post encouraged me as well as lifted my spirit and I also apologise for not dropping any post for such a  long time. I'd adjust ๐Ÿงš I'm graced to have all of you as my partners and I look forward to making everyone of you proud. Thank you ๐Ÿงก

Comments

  1. This is just accurate,funny how I was just meditating on this issue not quite long. This thing you just addressed has ruined many bonds and still counting. Thank you for this. And I enjoyed this piece as a Literati,the choice of words were perfect for the assertive but calm expression the write up needed. Kepo doing what you do, the world needs more lights like you❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was so helpful. I'm usually not a confrontational/argumentative person, but I'm slowly learning that it's okay to speak up every once in a while for what I believe in. This post has taught me the right and wrong way to argue. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When should you cry?

Memories are not enough: Let's try another way

•Getting over him ^_^